Snow Plowing and De-Icing
The City provides street snow plowing and intersection de-icing, road and sidewalk improvements, banner installation and maintenance at Parkway Village entrances, and streetlighting.
The City of Parkway Village has accepted the proposal of Grundy's Landscaping Service for snow removal and intersection de-icing for the period November 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019. Following are items included in the the scope of the contract.
- 8,500 linear feet of asphalt for snow removal (6 east/west streets approx. 1,000 linear ft each, 2 north/south streets approx. 750 linear ft each, and 1 north/south street approx. 1,000 ft)
- 19 intersections requiring stopline de-icing
- snow removal/plowing at 2+ inch accumulation
- de-ice stoplines at 19 intersections as necessitated by weather conditions
The Contractor's equipment may be staged in Village Green Park, located between Melford Avenue and Perennial Drive at Alexander Avenue.
As a service to the citizens of the City of Parkway Village, we have contracted with ReachAlert to provide e-mail, phone, and/or text message notifications for emergencies, roadwork, and other important City-related information. The system is administrated by Audubon Park Police Chief Minniear, Parkway Village Mayor Paul Amshoff, and City Clerk/Treasurer, Pat Gould.
Reach Alert will provide a city-wide notification service. We encourage every family to register for this service. Registration is simple and takes about one minute to complete. You decide how you want to receive our alerts: text message, voice advisories, and/or e-mail. All you need to do is:
1. Go to www.reachalert.com to register for the service.
2. Click on CREATE ACCOUNT (about halfway down the page in the block on the right).
3. Follow the prompts and enter your contact information so that you will receive alerts via your preferred method (text message, voice call, or email).
4. Enter Parkway Village when asked which network you want to join. Just click on our name when it appears in the drop-down list.
Note for text messaging: If you request text messages, within seconds, Reach Alert will send your phone a text message with a four digit validation code. When you receive the four digit number, simply enter this number on the registration screen and then click on the word VALIDATE. The process is very simple.
If you do not have a computer and wish to register, simply call the toll free number for Reach Alert – (877) 307-9313. They will register you in seconds. If you do not use text messages, no problem, we will make sure you receive a voice call.